Florida Chapter of APPA takes COVID-19 seriously and is committed to the safety and well- being of every conference attendee.
FLAPPA has adopted preventative measures to reduce the potential spread of the COVID-19 virus at our conference in accordance with guidance provided by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control as well as all applicable requirements imposed by federal, state, or local health authorities.
FLAPPA is working closely with the Sheraton Jacksonville and University of North Florida University Center to promote healthy behaviors that reduce the spread of the virus, such as social distancing, frequent hand washing, encouraged mask wearing and the use of hand sanitizer.
We plan to encourage safe distancing by implementing several procedures, such as:
· Room set-ups being distanced accordingly
· Increased sanitation stations throughout meeting space
· Signage to indicate safe spacing for social distancing
· PPE kits will be handed out to each participant
· Contact comfort level indicators (color coded dots) will be available to all attendees (Red: No Contact, Yellow: Elbows Only, Green: Handshakes, Hugs and High Fives)
Those that have tested positive for COVID-19, are waiting for COVID-19 test results, or are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, should not attend.
This page will be updated as the COVID-19 crisis continues to evolve. Please check back periodically for any impacts to the conference.